5 Health Benefits of Nattokinase: Natural Helper to Potential Weight-loss & Heart Disease Prevention.
Nattokinase is a natural enzyme in Japanese soy-based fermented product "Natto". This fermented sticky and stringy pungent soybean dish "Natto" is commonly eaten in Japan especially during breakfast. Origin of "Natto" dates back 2000 years and is a traditional Japanese food.
High natto consumption has been linked to the Japan's longer average lifespans and lower chronic disease rates.
"Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the leading cause of death in the world and our approach to the control and management of CVD mortality is limited. Nattokinase (NK), the most active ingredient of natto, possesses a variety of favourable cardiovascular effects and the consumption of Natto has been linked to a reduction in CVD mortality."*
Natto is rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals, but mostly its health benefits are tied to its powerful nattokinase enzyme which is produced during natto’s fermentation process.
Many Nattokinase health supplements have been developed by reputable Japanese pharmaceutical firms to produce an easy and effective way for people to consume the benefits of Nattokinase without having to eat the pungent Natto beans which has a strong acquired taste.
- Reduce Heart Disease Risk - Nattokinase could help to dissolve blood clots and maintain good blood vessel structure to improve blood flow and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Reduce Blood Pressure - High blood pressure increases the risks of heart disease and heart attacks. By lowering blood pressure, the strain on the heart is reduced.
- Improve Sinus Health - Bacteria, allergies, fungal infections or asthma could cause chronic sinus inflammation. Some research shows that Nattookinase could shrink nasal passage blocking polyps and thin out mucus to improve airflow and reduce discomfort.
- Improve Gut Health - Nattokinase can improve the good flora balance of microbiomes or bacteria in our gut to improve gut health. Good gut health is essential for a healthy immune system to reduce the risk of chronic diseases like diabetes, arthritis, cancer, obesity, and heart disease.
- Boost Metabolism - Nattokinase's probiotic properties may help to boost the body's metabolism and could help to reduce fat and regulate the body to prevent potential disorders like diabetes and obesity.
Nattokinase health supplements are already popular in Asian countries like Japan, Korea, and China with growing popularity in Western countries like USA, UK, Australia, and European regions. However, these products may not be easily available in the West.
Luckily, consumers can now purchase Nattokinase health supplements easily direct from Japan on Goodsania Japan website here. In addition, the cost of Nattokinase health supplements is low compared to medical treatments or other health procedures for weight-loss or heart disease prevention. The orally active Nattokinase health supplements are also easy to consume and possesses many key favourable effects for cardiovascular disease patients. Hence, it is a natural and less invasive method to maintain and promote good general health.
Many Japanese Nattokinase health supplements are also fortified with additional EPA, DHA, Vitamin E, and even onion extracts which give an added boost to potential prevention, weight management, and cognitive function in those with very mild Alzheimer's disease.
*Chen, H., McGowan, E., Ren, N., Lal, S., Nassif, N., Shad-Kaneez, F., . . . Lin, Y. (2018, July 5). Nattokinase: A promising alternative in prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. Retrieved March 29, 2021, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6043915/