- Item Name
- Nippon Kodo
- Product Weight(g)
- stick incense cone incense resin incense herbal incense Japanese incense Nag Champa
- More Detail
- Oedo-Koh: The Fragrance of Old Edo. Created by master incense artisans.
The luxurious “art of fragrance” gradually spread from royalty to citizens in the Edo period.
Enjoy the elegant aromas expressed brilliantly through these incense. Transcend yourself into a world of mystic and luxury.
The smooth, refreshing scent of chrysanthemum will delight you just like the how the pleasant aroma gave great pleasure to people since the Edo period.
Chrysanthemums were believed since ancient times to prolong life, and the Chrysanthemum Festival during the Edo Period of Old Tokyo became an annual event where people drank chrysanthemum sake infused with the medicinal blossoms.
- The gardeners of Komagome and Sugamo near Edo are said to have sparked the chrysanthemum craze of the Edo era.
Fancy and spectacular things were popular then, and Edo dwellers loved the beautiful and fragrant flowers, which were displayed or fashioned into various shapes.
- A single thin column of smoke beckons you to the stylish, modernist world that Edo represents. We invite you to bask in the fragrant world of Edo.
These incense are specially produced with traditional Japanese techniques, so there is no bamboo core for a clean burning and pure scent.
The stick type incense burns evenly, so its mild fragrance spreads constantly.
A good incense for a private room to enjoy the fragrance by yourself or an intimate tea session with friends.
- Each box includes 60 incense sticks and a mini tin incense stand.
Each incense box includes an incense holder that resembles the stone pavements of Edo. Tin was a favored metal by the upper class during the Edo period. The tin incense stand included in the package can be washed with water and will last for a long time.
- Comes in a petite and cute package.
Perfect as a gift on its own or 2-3 boxes as a set!
Great for any day as a refreshment after work, for relaxation, while you enjoy some reading, listening to music, during yoga, or just winding down in a hot bath.
Product size: Height 10.2 x Width 6.7 x Depth 2cm
Weight: Approx. 42g
Ingredients: Machilus thunbergi (base wood ingredient), fragrances
Made in Japan